A Message from The Howland House Inn
During these unprecedented times, we recognize the need to do all we can to ensure the safety and health of our guests and staff. We are closely monitoring and following the guidelines put in place by the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH).
We are also taking standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously; adding additional steps to surpass industry standards. We closely monitor and adjust our services based on industry and regulatory directives.
For the foreseeable future, we are limiting the number of guests to the inn.
15. The Knotty Suite is limited to 2 guests.
16. The Mayflower Suite is limited to 2 adults and 2 children. Our apologies but reservations for more than 2 adults will not be accepted.
17. The Colony Suite is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite and limited to 4 guests. This suite will have the full kitchen for their exclusive use.
18. The Green Suite is limited to 2 adults.
1. We want you to make informed travel decisions and that you have peace of mind any time you choose to visit us and Newport. As much as we would love to have you visit, please if you are feeling unwell or running a fever, do not arrive at the inn.
2. Please arrange a specific check-in time with the Innkeeper by calling or texting (401) 239.7741 at least 24 hours before arrival. This will ensure large groups of people will not meet at one time. If a delay should occur, please notify the Innkeeper as soon as possible to arrange a new time.
1. This should be limited to no more than 15 minutes to process necessary paperwork.
2. We have keypad locks to enter the inn and each suite. You will be assigned a code for your suite upon registration.
Entryway and Corridors
1.. Sanitizers will be provided in the hallways as well as the suites.
1. Suites will be deep cleaned prior to the guest's arrival with a heightened attention to all high touch areas.
2. Guests will be supplied with plenty of bath linens. We request you to use the hooks in bath to hang them after usage. Should you need additional items, these will be left outside of your door.
1. To ensure the health and well-being of our guests, we have restructured how we provide a lite breakfast option for our guests.
2. We have installed a compact refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a Keurig coffee maker in the Knotty, Mayflower and Green Suites. We've added our farm fresh milk, orange juice, water, and yogurt to each refrigerator. Along with coffee, tea and the accoutrements for such, and we've added a variety of granola.
1. We will not be printing invoices at this time. Please make sure we have a valid email address for you. An electronic copy will be sent to you upon departure.
2. You may text or call the innkeeper at (401) 239.7741 to let her know you are leaving.
1. Please cancel within 72 hours prior to arrival.
2. After 72 hours cancellation policy,there will be a one (1) night cancellation fee regardless of length of stay.
3. Guests who reserved a suite via an online booking agent, i.e. Booking.com, must contact them for cancellations.
Any questions that were not answered here - please email email@example.com or call (401) 239.7741. Thank you.