A Message from The Howland House Inn
During these unprecedent times, we recognize the need to do all we can to ensure the safety and health of our guests and staff. We are closely monitoring and following the guidelines put in place by the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH).
We are also taking standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously; adding additional steps to surpass industry standards. We closely monitor and adjust our services based on industry and regulatory directives.
For the foreseeable future, we are limiting the number of guests to the inn.
15. The Knotty Suite is limited to 2 guests
16. The Mayflower Suite is limited to adults 2 and 2 children. Our apologies but reservations for 4 adults will not be accepted.
17. The Colony Suite is closed for the time being.
18. The Green Suite is limited to 2 adults.
1. We want you to make informed travel decisions and that you have peace of mind any time you choose to visit us and Newport. As much as we would love to have you visit, please if you are feeling unwell or running a fever, do not arrive at the inn.
2. Please arrange a specific check-in time with the Innkeeper by calling or texting (401) 239.7741 at least 24 hours before arrival. This will ensure large groups of people will not meet at one time. If a delay should occur, please notify the Innkeeper as soon as possible to arrange a new time.
3. Cloth face masks are required by mandate in common areas and outside of the inn.
4. Safe distancing of 6 feet must be adhered to by mandate.
1. This should be limited to no more than 15 minutes to process necessary paperwork.
2. We have keypad locks to enter the inn and each suite. You will be assigned a code for your suite upon registration.
Entryway and Corridors
1. Staff will conduct cleaning and sanitizing every 4 hours from 7am to 6pm.
2. Sanitizers will be provided in the hallway as well as the suites.
1. Suites will be deep cleaned prior to the guest's arrival with a heightened attention to all high touch areas.
2. Guests will be supplied with plenty of linens. We request you to use the hooks in bath to hang them after usage. Should you need additional items, these will be left outside of your door.
3. Guests cannot be present at any time when Inn employees are working in the suite.
1. To ensure the health and well-being of our guests, we have had to cancel all usage of the kitchen due to safe distancing requirements.
2. We have installed compact refrigerators and a Keurig coffee maker in each suite. All amenities for such will be provided including bottles of water.
1. We will not be printing invoices at this time. Please make sure we have a valid email address for you. An electronic copy will be sent to you upon departure.
2. You may text or call the innkeeper at (401) 239.7741 to let her know you are leaving.
1. Please cancel within 72 hours prior to arrival.
2. After 72 hours cancellation policy,there will be a $50.00 cancellation fee.
3. Guests who reserved a suite via an online booking agent, i.e. Booking.com, must contact them for cancellations.
Any question that were not answered here - please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 239.7741. Thank you.